Sunday, October 17, 2010

From The Archives

Some random photographs from my archive of old pictures



1/35th scale diorama of German infantry about to ambush a Soviet 120mm mortar team, taken more or less from the movie Cross Of Iron, less the trees. The Soviet 120mm mortar and team are Zvezda, I think, and the Germans are Dragon, I think (I can't remember the name of the set, but the figures seem like they were based on Steiner, Kruger and Schnurrbart from the movie). The rest of it is Celluclay and a bunch of dried trimmings from a Lady Banks rose bush.



A simple diorama of some modern French Foreign Legionnaires sheltering behind an abandoned T55 medium tank, presumably in Chad during the Libyan invasion. The tank is an ancient Lindberg offering; the Legionnaires are DML, I think.


A German Panzer-IVD medium tank bypassing a broken-down French Char B, which itself is being picked over by curious German infantry. I intentionally made the road as narrow as possible to highlight the considerable size of the Char B heavy tank. The German tank is the good Tamiya kit; the Char B is an old and somewhat rough MB Models resin kit - it weighs a ton and had to be screwed to the base with a drywall screw to keep it from falling off. The German infantry are random figure parts, mostly Tamiya, I suspect.



Screamin's 1/6th scale (or was it 1/4th scale?) Boba Fett. Vinyl figures are not my specialty, but I take the occasional plunge. For such a large kit I thought it was a little soft in the detail department, but it was still fun.

No comments: