Saturday, August 9, 2008

Von Braun 3-Stage Ferry


Time passes. Here's the main fuselage of the Von Braun 3-Stage Ferry Rocket temporarily mounted on the base. It's been through a couple of fill-and-sand cycles (note the red auto body spot filler and the white Squadron putty. I recontoured the small third stage coupler because the original had an odd trumpet-like flare that seemed out of keeping with the general design ethic, so I converted the trumpet flare into a straight conical section with more Squadron putty. This is the kind of work I can do while watching funky horror movies like The Ruin. Notice that I haven't added any external details like conduits or anything yet, as this is work that I cannot do while watching funky horror movies like The Ruin.
Upon thinking matters through, I think I've decided to add combined instrument pods and anti-flutter weights to the fin tips.

No comments: