Friday, May 14, 2010

Und Jetzt!

A sudden profusion of dinosaurs. With the Lindberg stagecoach finally done and off the workbench, I decided to amuse myself with painting a bunch of dinosaur models that had piled up over the years. I think these are all Revell kits; the allosaur on the left was modified slightly by carving the goopy drool off its tongue. Otherwise, they're pretty much out of the box, though I glued the legs on and skipped the animated leg feature. For filler, I pretty much relied on multiple layers of Testors liquid cement, the gooey kind in the vaguely triangular black bottles, and instead of sanding, I scraped endlessly with an X-acto knife while watching episodes of Lost, Treme and The Pacific. The seams aren't perfect, by any means, but that's okay. I have enough hard projects going on as it is without making simple projects hard too.

I remain blissfully unaware of what dinosaur experts say they should really look like. I just fiddle with them because it amuses me when the neighbors come over and suddenly realize there are small dinosaurs glaring at them from under the bushes. And after a mammoth struggle with a stagecoach, I like to decompress a little.

No comments: