Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Opel GT

Another one of my older models, an AMT Opel GT. The kit is pretty basic, but it still builds up into a nice model. It comes with all sorts of customizing parts, including some manner of Buick engine. I used a custom exhaust and wheels, but settled on the original Opel four-banger engine.

The paint is Tamiya metallic blue. I just love that color; I'd spray paint the bedroom that color if my wife wouldn't vapor-lock at the idea. You can't see it from here, but there's a fairly large and very dead spider inside the car, poised on the shifter as though it expired right in the act of downshifting for a corner. De mortuis nil nisi bonum.

3 comments:

-Warren Zoell said...

When I was a kid these cars were quite common here in Canada. We used to call them Mini Corvettes.

William said...

We called them the "Poor Man's Corvette". I haven't seen one in years, and I miss them. I've always wanted to own an Opel GT, a Karmann Ghia, and a Triumph TR4. Or maybe a TR7. Or maybe a...

-Warren Zoell said...

Car I'd love to have would be a Jag C type.