Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Knights Who Say Ni




I'm sort of addicted to those soft polyethylene 1/72nd scale figures that Airfix, Revell, Italeri, Hat and other offer. I buy a lot of them and I have big plans for them, but I rarely seem to do anything with them (I have enough Romans to put an entire cohort in the field at 1:1 scale, it seems, but unanswered is the question of why I'd ever want to).

This was an idea I had while watching The Return of the King, namely, "Wouldn't it be cool to make a small diorama with a whole bunch of knights or heavy cavalry charging at the viewer?" So this is the result - a boxful of Italeri Teutonic Knights charging across a snowy field, presumably toward thin ice on a Russian river.

I left the horses on their bases and sort of submerged the bases in a layer of drywall compound, then later sifted baking soda over the whole works and tacked it down with Dullcote.

I'm glad I got that out of my system.

But - oh no - I have the Italeri "Medieval Tournament" set, and now THAT is calling to me!

6 comments:

-Warren Zoell said...

PING and NiWOMP!! niwomp.

-Warren Zoell said...

Walk away, just ignore them.

-Warren Zoell said...

Are you saying "Ni" to that old woman?

William said...

Then, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with... A HERRING!

William said...

We are no longer the Knights who say Ni. We are the knights who say eki-eki-eki-ftang zoop-boingen- zowie-gen!

-Warren Zoell said...

ni!