Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Waited A While

I've waited for this one to be reissued for a long, long time. My most-eagerly-awaited reissue was the Moon Bus from 2001, but this was number two. Or maybe it was number three - someone (maybe Renwal) made a kit of a "nuclear-powered bomber" back in the very early 1970s, a vast delta-winged thing somewhat like an XB-70, complete with parasite fighters. I'd love to have that thing again (and it pains me to think I probably set the old one on fire).

I had to go see my oncologist today and I stopped at the hobby shop on the way, as I often do. I didn't really see anything that caught my eye, and was about to leave with nothing to show for the visit but a handful of Testors acrylic paints, when I spotted this on the "new and groovy" shelf. Score!

I haven't even opened the plastic yet, but I'm positively giddy with excitement. Well, mostly I'm giddy with excitement because I got a good report from my oncologist; the groovy model is just a bonus.


2 comments:

-Warren Zoell said...

There you go right on!!
I used to stuff my models with fire crackers.
That kit looks cool but I haven;t seen it here yet.
I'm still waiting for the Moebius Orion III to show up. It comes with aztecing.

-Warren Zoell said...

I just put this on order today along with the Moebius Orion Clipper.